Module 1 will give you a grounding in, and understanding of, the medical background of stroke.
After completing this module, you will:
- be familiar with the patterns, causes and effects of stroke
- understand stroke risk factors
- have a working knowledge of the anatomical structures of the central nervous system
- comprehend the aetiology, pathogenesis and pathophysiology of cerebral infarct
- recognise the symptoms of stroke and be familiar with the tools available to diagnose stroke
- be aware of the early rehabilitation processes available for stroke patients.
Once you have read Module 1: Medical Background please complete the multiple choice test. Upon receiving an 80% pass mark you will be able to move on to Module 2: Neurocritical Care – Recognition of Emergencies.