NEUROCRITICAL CARE - CARDIAC DISORDERS
Module 5 will give you an improved understanding of the recognition, assessment and appropriate response to acute cardiac and circulatory emergencies associated with stoke.
After completing this module, you will:
- understand the fundamentals of the anatomy and physiology of hemodynamics
- understand the role of hemodynamic monitoring in assessing and managing the stroke patient
- be able to recognise important cardiocirculatory complications in stroke patients and how to respond to these complications
- know how to manage hypertension in stroke patients according to the most current guidelines
- understand the key elements of early diagnosis and treatment of various types of shock.
Once you have read Module 5: Neurocritical Care – Cardiac Disorders please complete the multiple choice test. Upon receiving an 80% pass mark you will be able to move on to Module 6: Neurocritical Care – Metabolic Disorders