NEUROCRITICAL CARE – METABOLIC DISORDERS
Module 6 will provide you with knowledge about the main metabolic disorders that may relate to stroke patients.
After completing this module, you will:
- Understand the importance of pre-existing or newly onset metabolic disorders occurring in the stroke patient
- Be able to explain the pathophysiology, diagnostic and clinical management of metabolic disorders
- Understand the important role of hyperthermia and hyperglycaemia in stroke patients
- Know how to interpret relevant laboratory values
- Know how to perform clinical interventions to optimise neurological functions.
Once you have read Module 6: Neurocritical Care –Metabolic Disorders please complete the multiple choice test. Upon receiving an 80% pass mark you will be able to move on to Module 7: Neurocritical Care – Transfer of the Critically Ill Patient