NEUROCRITICAL CARE - RECOGNITION OF EMERGENCIES
Module 2 will enable you to recognise and assess the emergencies that often accompany stroke.
After completing this module, you will:
- understand the important role critical care plays in the treatment of stroke
- be able to perform and interpret the rapid clinical assessment stroke patients at risk of deterioration
- recognise the clinical signs of deterioration before any life-threatening events take place
- be familiar with, and able to use, Early Warning Scores as a tool for calculating and escalating critical care in an timely manner
- understand how a ‘chain of prevention’ can be used as a means to detect patient deterioration.
Once you have read Module 2: Neurocritical Care – Recognition of Emergencies please complete the multiple choice test. Upon receiving an 80% pass mark you will be able to move on to Module 3: Neurocritical Care – Neurological Disorders.