Module 19 looks at the important role of quality management in the health care sector.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- describe the PDCA model, the TQM approach and the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- undertake quality management projects using the PDCA-Cycle.
- know how to measure quality using evidence-based quality indicators.
- explain important concepts such as standards of care, checklists, benchmarking and risk management.
- understand the important role of dedicated units and the role of nursing leadership
Once you have read Module 19: Quality Management, please complete the multiple choice test.
Upon correctly answering 5 out of 6 questions you will be able to move on to Module 20: Process Management.